Friday, June 5, 2009

Day 50

Miles 35.07 Total for trip 1851.40
Avg spd 11.58
Max spd 32.69
Climb 1032
Alt chng --36 This was a really good spot for the last night on the beach. San Elijo State Beach was my campsite for the day. I got there around 1.30 pm and was informed they no longer had hiker/biker camps. I was told to ask the ranger if I could stay for the hiker/biker price of $3 instead of $25. The ranger said I could but could not check in until 4 pm.

I found the best buy in CA while I was waiting to check in. I saw a sign saying .99 for fish tacos. I ordered 2 tacos and a burger thinking the tacos would be small. I received my order and was pleasantly surprised the tacos were good sized and great.
This beach had the best surfing I have seen. The surfers are die hards. They stayed until around 9 pm and they were out there when I got up at 7 am. I am riding through San Deigo tomorrow , hopefully my directions will lead me to the right place.




No comments: