Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 148

Miles 68.9 Total for trip 5497.25
Avg spd 11.85
Max spd 35.58
Climb 3022
Alt chng --800

Today was it, the last time I would be packing up my tent, sleeping bag, air mattress, sandals, etc. I was going to try and make it to Boise today since I would have a lot of slow downhill and only one big hill out of Horseshoe Bend. I made it to Banks by 1pm and saw it was only 14 miles to Horseshoe Bend so I figured it would be no problem making it to Boise. It is funny how you remember hills. I have biked the Horseshoe Bend Hill before and remembered it to be around 600ft in a few miles. Turned out to be 1600ft in 5 miles, took about 1.5hrs to get up it. From there it was downhill to my last Mcdonald's run. I was finishing up my cone and my parents stopped by and gave me a ride for the last couple miles.

I am really happy I made this trip. I suggest if anyone has ever thought about taking a long trip of any kind to try and do it, because you might not get the chance next month, or next year.

What to do now? I am not sure, but it will involve getting a hair cut and beard trim. I will be going through my pictures and putting a best of set in my cool pics in a week or so.

Oh yeah, I think getting a job will be high on the list.

Things I will not miss from the trip: blowing up my air mattress every night, eating the same dried food for breakfast and most dinners.

Things I will miss from the trip: waking up in a different spot each morning, meeting great people, talking with other bikers about their trips, riding in new areas, seeing nature, and many more I currently can't think of.

Thanks for following along. I hope everyone enjoyed the trip, I know I did.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you made it back safely. Can't wait to see the pictures.

How many times did you break chains?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

pedals, seats, spokes and flats as well. Can we get a picture before you hit the barber?

Congratulations on your amazing trip.

Unknown said...

We sure enjoyed "tagging" along on this fantastic trip at our household. Thanks for sharing it with us. Welcome back!
Deb, Ron, Lani and Amy
P.S. A before cleanup and haircut picture would be nice.