Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 140

Miles 43.78 Total for trip 5136.09
Avg spd 11.09
Max spd 27.48
Climb 832
Alt chng ++295

Sorry no pics for today's upload.

Today I woke up early to get to the USPS and retrieve my food package. I took a quick glance at the map to get directions to the post office. I was on Reserve St and could not find the post office. I called the USPS finally got through to a live person and was told there was no post office on Reserve St in Missoula MT. I went to a convenience store grabbed a pop and checked out the map. The guy at the store told me the grocery store had a USPS pick-up location in the store. My package was not there and did not make it on their delivery. I called the main office and found my food package. I finally got my package around 4.00pm hit the locale Mcds and was out of Missoula around 4.45 pm.

My map showed a campground around 20 miles out of Missoula. I couldn't find it so kept on riding. It was getting dark, I thought I might have to ride all the way to Hamilton. Around 10 miles out of Hamilton I found a nice spot a little of the 93 that would work for a campsite for the night.

No comments: