Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 147

Miles 36 Total for trip 5428.35
Avg spd 13.43
Max spd 29.22
Climb 250
Alt chng --3200

Cold!Cold!Cold! I rolled out of the tent about 8am to find ice on my tent. Mike left his pot with water on the picnic table and it had 1/2 inch of ice in it. I figured if I could get to the top of the pass fast I could coast down and get warmed up. The top turned out to be less then 1 mile. If I only knew. I coasted for around 8 miles, then I had a nice slow downhill. I am glad I had an easy day cause I broke my chain about 3 miles out of Lowman. I had to use my last link to fix it. Traffic was not too heavy so I decided to try and make it to Banks. I only made it about 5 miles and my chain broke again. Luckily it was right near a campground. I had to take a link out to fix it. Who knows how it will work, I will find out tomorrow.

No comments: